About Dr. Hopkins
Milan Lewis Hopkins, M.D.
- Born June 21, 1944, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Graduated Little Rock Catholic High School for Boys, June 1962
- 1962-1964, attended University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
- 1964-1965, attended Little Rock University, Little Rock, Arkansas
- 1965-1969, attended University of Arkansas School of Medicine, Little Rock, Arkansas
- June 1969, graduated, receiving M.D. and B.S.
- 1969-1970, internship (internal medicine) at Boston V.A. Hospital, Jamaica Plain, MA
- 1970-1971, received congressional commission as Full Lieutenant, United States, Navy, and completed training as Submarine Medical Officer and Diving Officer
- 1971-1972, served as Medical and Diving Officer on the U.S.S. John Marshall (SSBN 611)
- 1972-1973, served as Medical Officer on surgical and hyperbaric services at the Long Beach Naval Hospital, Long Beach, CA
- 1973-Current, practiced general medicine in Upper Lake, CA
- 1975-1995, served regularly as volunteer in Rock Med, one of the Haight-Ashbury Free Medical Clinics, providing emergency medical care to public events and attending annual medical conferences on Addiction Medicine
- 1989-1995, served as physician at Lake County Tribal Health Consortium, Lakeport CA
- 1977-Current, provided monthly free clinic in Upper Lake